Orange Internet and Contact+ Beware

What the manual doesn't tell you !

Orange Internet and Contact+ Beware

Postby graham34 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 am

Just checked my Orange internet bill and discovered a charge for "Contact+ internet purchases".

This seems to be a "service" where certain websites charge for access (I think they may have a Contact+ button). We could have accessed a Weather site of part of SNCF - the bill entry doesn't say it just gives time, date and duration. A bit like calling premium numbers from a phone except then one would expect the bill to show the number?

Managing my account online suggests it can be deactivated but that page is down/not working. I called the English speaking helpline and have had it deactivated.

It seems that new accounts have Contact+ included automatically. There could well have been a letter about this for my account in the past year, but I clearly didn't read it in enough detail.

Seems we have got off lightly. Seen reports that B&B/gite owners have had clients inadvertently racking up bills - including things like games download purchases.

Does France have anything equivalent to a consumer watchdog?
graham34

Re: Orange Internet and Contact+ Beware

Postby Genghis Cohen » Fri May 23, 2014 5:53 am

Thanks for posting .Happened to me too. Will follow your advice and deactivate. Can't seem to deactivate on line either. Despite what Orange say!

GC
Genghis Cohen

Return to PC, internet, telephones, & TV