Just as well I've stopped posting this info ?

Free discussion area

Just as well I've stopped posting this info ?

Postby peter » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 am

The Gendarmes used to publish the upcoming mobile locations in local papers so I don't see this holding.

FIFTEEN drivers who used Facebook to warn of police speed checks have had their licences suspended, in a French first that could set a legal precedent.
The group, based in the Aveyron, were found guilty in Rodez criminal court of undermining police road safety efforts, an offence described in French as soustraction à la constatation des infractions routières.
More than 10,000 people had subscribed to their page, which was regularly updated with sightings of mobile speed cameras.
All the defendants were handed a one-month driving ban. Some other charges, relating to verbal abuse towards police officers, were dropped.
The drivers have yet to decide whether they will appeal. If it is not overturned, the case could have a knock-on effect on similar groups set up to warn of speed traps - but also local newspapers and radio stations.
Defence lawyer Rémy Josseaume says the ruling makes no sense, as even gendarmes themselves use Facebook to promote their roadside checks.
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just as well I've stopped posting this info ?

Postby gurubarry » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:01 am

Nothing makes sense here. Just do it and be damned is the method of life we find . :arrow:
Moved here 11 Years ago , love it , love Life here.
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Return to The postbox