These people have contacted me.

Anyone tried it ?

http://www.shipmyshopping.com/
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Delivery from UK supermarkets, etc

Postby Genghis Cohen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:10 am

I've not tried this service. Nor, to be frank, does it interest me. I accept that i may be a-typical and my views are not necessarily shared by the majority. Simiar ventures seem to come and go with monotonous regularity. It would be fascinating to see the underlying business model.

Any chance the entrepreneur behind this offering will be willing to come forth and explain the rationale?

GC
Genghis Cohen

Postby Christopher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Anyone want to do a group buy on baked beans? The cheapest Tesco own brand ones cost £1.20 for four tins, 420 grammes per tin. Plus 4x20 grammes for the tins themselves. We can get 84 packs for just over a hundred quid, which these jokers will ship to us for £25 - total weight just under 148 kilos, sounds like a bargain to me.
Regards
Chris Ward

http://eatsleepcookschool.wordpress.com - The true story of the year I spent learning how to be a professional cook at catering school in Avignon, Provence, while working as a dishwasher.
Christopher

Postby serge » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 am

Christopher wrote:Anyone want to do a group buy on baked beans? The cheapest Tesco own brand ones cost £1.20 for four tins, 420 grammes per tin. Plus 4x20 grammes for the tins themselves. We can get 84 packs for just over a hundred quid, which these jokers will ship to us for £25 - total weight just under 148 kilos, sounds like a bargain to me.

Sounds like a lot of beans.

Hole in the ozone layer above the South of France?
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Christopher » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:44 pm

It's 148 kilos of beans to be exact, 336 tins. That's why I suggested a group buy...
Regards
Chris Ward

http://eatsleepcookschool.wordpress.com - The true story of the year I spent learning how to be a professional cook at catering school in Avignon, Provence, while working as a dishwasher.
Christopher

Postby Craving Curries » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Indian curry spice kits delivered to your door sound interesting to anyone? No bulk buy required however discounts offered for over 5 packs :)
Craving Curries

Postby Genghis Cohen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:46 am

They wait patiently, the exiles. Far away a P&O steamer is leaving Blighty. Deep in the bowels of the ship is a pantechnicon laden with reminders of home. The intrepid driver sleeps now. In preparation for the gruelling journey across the barren wastelands which separate the exiles from their beloved homeland.

The phone rings. A hushed voice gives them details of the rendezvous point. Soon, very soon, supplies will arrive and their days will once more be tolerable.

It is the hour. They have but a short time to collect their precious cargo. Time is of the essence. In the dark recesses of a hypermarket car park they gather. Many of them still with the RHD Rovers and Austins that they brought with them when they were cast out. A mobile phone rings. The hour of delivery is nigh. Out of the darkness looms the pantechnicon. They form an orderly queue. Each couple clutching the precious order form that will enable then, at last, to take possession of the long awaited packet.

And they melt away into the night. Carrying their precious boxes bearing the mythical marks of the purveyors of fine foods. Asda, Morrisons, Aldi to name but a few. Even, so it is rumoured, one from Fortnum and Mason.

In the quiet of their homes, they break open the long awaited packages and reverently handle the packs of Builder's Tea, the cans of Golden Syrup, the Prawn Flavoured Walker's Crisps. What delights they promise, what memories they revive. Tiny souvenirs of civilised living which make life bearable.

GC
Genghis Cohen

Postby serge » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 am

Excellent!
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby montgolfiere » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:38 pm

don't forget the Curry Spices...!!! But Tea That is an essential from the UK..... Its amazing how many Teabags you can stuf into all your under used Pockets before 'Terrorist Search' on Ryanair!!!!
montgolfiere

Postby Craving Curries » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:49 am

You can have Indian curry spice kits whenever you fancy them - you can order on-line and they are delivered 3-5 working days

Karen
Craving Curries

Postby hesfordj » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:14 am

I've made the wondrous discovery that you can buy all the curry spices you would ever need right here in France. I know, I know, it may sound incredible but you can. And they are pretty cheap too. OK you may have to mix them yourself and work out how much and when to add them but I've also discovered these amazing things called "recipes". You can buy whole books of them for about 10€ and even find them on the internet, for free. Try them out. I'm sure you too will be amazed. :D
Jonathan
www.domainetreloar.com
Vineyard, Winery and Accomodation
hesfordj

Return to The postbox