XXXX is at it again ?

Free discussion area

Re: XXXX is at it again ?

Postby Genghis Cohen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 pm

This is mainly for the benefit of JH and in response to his post today in another place. It would indeed seem that Sunny66 has ceased trading. No doubt a victim of their own success.

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

Postby Las-Cobas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Oh what a shame, it must have been the admin running it, could not cope with being within a French legal system! :roll: :roll: :roll:
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby mrob343 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:02 am

The phoenix will rise above the ashes......
mrob343

Postby serge » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:10 am

Is it a bird? .... is it a plane?

Just wondered like.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Las-Cobas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:59 am

mrob343 wrote:The phoenix will rise above the ashes......

A common depiction of Fenghuang was of it attacking snakes with its talons and its wings spread.

In Greek mythology, a Phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn!

I think the Chinese and the Greeks clearly identified admin problems within Sunny 66

But the Persian simurgh is inherently benevolent and unambiguously female. Not Sunny 66 type Admin

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby lisab » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi,
I would just like to give my version of what happened on sunny66 as apparently it was my comment that caused it to be closed down .

When I first joined I asked for permission to post in favour of animals needing homes. This was ok at the time , recently there had been a few remarks from a certain person on various posts( not just mine) which were just plain stupid . This person had been made admin and so when a friend posted the opening times of the spa carcassonne and he replied that he thought he had read spam from carcassonne I wrote a comment saying basically that as he was now admin I thought that he should refrain from making stupid remarks on peoples posts.

I also suggested that he would do better bringing something constructive to the group. There was also a member who was pretty good at making these comments and that this admin person beat him fair and square( if this member saw this comment and is on this forum I would like to apologise to him for involving him in this and for what I said, although I did say that he also made some good and positive comments for which the admin person was not capable of doing ).

I also said I would not be replying back as I had decided to leave the group. I have no idea what was said after that as I spent the afternoon in the hospital. When I went back on facebook I just assumed I had been banned before I could leave it officially as the page had vanished. I learnt after that it had been closed down and that another one has been set up which obviously I have not been invited to join as I learnt someone had sent me an invitation and that rob had refused ( not that I would want to join anyway if it is anything like the sunny66 page).

I also would like to say that I am still on the ad forum under tia if anybody wants to know who I am, I have nothing to hide and I do try not to offend anyone with my comments. From what I understand there is a bit of conflict between the 2 forums, I have tried to read through a bit of this thread but it is way too long for me so I would just like to say that kate ( who I have spoken to and told her also what I wrote) and the ad forum are in no way involved in this so I hope that the people on here will be mature enough to leave the forum out of it.

The sunny66 admin are not the same people . If I had known that my comment was going to be made into such a big thing then I would have posted the first comment I had written ( which was a lot stronger and more offensive). Rob if you are reading this , if you wanted me to stop posting then you only had to say so , not rocket science. Well I hope this clears things up, for those who are on here and were on sunny66 and are not admin , if I have offended them for any reason ( although I'm not sure why I should have as I didn't use any bad language) I apologise.

For the admin person , if you didn't like what I said then tough. I hope this post will not start a slanging match between people, thank you peter for letting me have my say and hopefully I won't get thrown off this site for saying what I think and believe in. Lisa
lisab

Postby serge » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Lisa,
Why have you posted this on here and not on AD?
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Kathy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Freedom of speech is welcomed on this site Tia so your membership is not under any threat. I understand that you feel aggrieved and wish to present your version of events. However, perhaps it would have been better to private message the individuals concerned as this conflict does seem personal and has taken place in a closed group which was promoted on AD not TLF.
Kathy

Postby lisab » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 pm

it is on ad, posted there this afternoon, shorter version though as had less time. I sometimes visit this forum for info but have never posted on here before as have never felt the need to, I saw the last post on here and felt that it would be best to explain what had happened (or at least my version) as I'm pretty sure that some of the people that were on the sunny66 page look on here from time to time. There are always 2 sides to a story ,people can think what they want of me after that. If anybody puts a comment on ad I will answer it also but will not be in the middle of a slanging match either as this is not why I posted. I also don't want people thinking that kate is a part of this as she is not, as I said earlier it has nothing to do with ad or the admin there. I have no idea what reason rob has given them ( if any) for closing the page and starting another one just don't want people thinking that I had been disrespectful as this is not true. As he apparently closed the page some people had not seen what I had put , then they listen to the 'on dit'.
kathy the reason I wrote this was because of the fact it was a closed group, at least this way everybody knows at least the beginning of it ( as I do not know myself what was written after my comment) . as I said before I posted on here because of the previous comments that were made on here. As there will always be people wondering what happened at least it's out in the open .
when I say last post I mean the one from las cobas
lisab

Postby serge » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Well I guess it wont be deleted off here ......
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby mrob343 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Agreed Kathy and Serge.It has absolutely nothing to do with this forum nor its members.
Lisa
In the process of running the now defunct FB group sunny 66, i was inundated with PM's from people asking me one question...
Is this a chat group for the population of the PO or an animal refuge/rescue centre ?
There are many groups over on FB that deal with this plight and as such i didn't want my group heading down the same road.
I fully understand your feelings to lost and homeless animals,but i feel there's a time and a place for it.I also speak as a rescuer to your ends, as both my dog and cat came from such establishments.and they share a loving home with my family.
I've since set up a new open group over on FB and have decided it best to continue in the same vein in the interest of my members.
Rob
mrob343

Postby mrob343 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Now I'm in the doghouse... :roll: :roll:
Here's a link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/602539746423174/
mrob343

Postby lisab » Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 am

and as I said rob you only had to say and I would have stopped posting , even though I was not the only one posting on there about animals. Anyway what is done is done, , pity it had to go as far as closing the page for something so silly. Can't understand people who go behind backs, if they didn't like the posts they only had to say instead of sending messages to you, wouldn't like to be a part of a group of people like that , I knew that you were on here and would reply.
Well hope this can now move on , have been reading slowly through the very long thread and some of it is quite amusing so if the people on here don't mind I will stick around. I have been visiting both here and ad for a while, mainly for info of the area and both are quite interesting in their own different ways. don't worry I won't be asking to rehome any animals .
Lisa
lisab

Postby ianhartley » Wed May 01, 2013 7:57 am

More bannings, deletions and squabbling from those happy folks who inhabit the online world of "sunny" 66.

Seems rather extreme to close up shop, then reopen without those who openly disagree with management and friends. In the old days they would just have been banned - then vilified.

Judging by several other high profile bannings, it seems Lisa may have been the baby thrown out with the bathwater.

Any odds on how long this open, group will survive given the present rate of member cleansing?

XXXX : Sanctimonious,self -righteous prigs ...
XXXX : ... patronising tosh of that sort ,jon.
XXXX : Once again, Noel totally misses the point
XXXX : ... people of the Goebbels type
XXXX : You are still only grasping half the point though.
XXXX : Hope that you salvage some of your grapes,by the way......
XXXX : ... other people who are not in full posession of the facts ...
XXXX : ... there's no "bullying", or any other silly suggestion ...
XXXX : The fact is that we've never had more active members,never had more postings/visits,and never had such a wide range of subject matter.
YYYY : I did not expect to see the nastiness of the languedoc page creep over here
YYYY : and sometimes more is excessive and makes you sick!!
YYYY : Dont be daft, only a caring, polite person with bags of humility would do that.
ZZZZ : ... I am sure the forum doesnt want to lose more of the genuine, friendly, helpful people.
ianhartley

Postby Genghis Cohen » Wed May 01, 2013 7:58 am

mrob343 wrote:Now I'm in the doghouse... :roll: :roll:
Here's a link:

I followed the link and had a quick butchers. There's a few well known faces. It's a small(ish) world I'd guess. I wonder what would happen if I tried to join?

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

Postby peter » Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 am

And I'm not allowed to join because I let them squabble on here ... :cry:
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mrob343 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 am

ianhartley wrote:More bannings, deletions and squabbling from those happy folks who inhabit the online world of "sunny" 66.

Seems rather extreme to close up shop, then reopen without those who openly disagree with management and friends. In the old days they would just have been banned - then vilified.

Judging by several other high profile bannings, it seems Lisa may have been the baby thrown out with the bathwater.

Any odds on how long this open, group will survive given the present rate of member cleansing?

No banning or censorship over there Ian. May i suggest you read the 'about us' section on the page.
:roll:
Genghis Cohen wrote:
mrob343 wrote:Now I'm in the doghouse... :roll: :roll:

Here's a link:

I followed the link and had a quick butchers. There's a few well known faces. It's a small(ish) world I'd guess. I wonder what would happen if I tried to join?

Genghis Cohen

Good morning Genghis.
I see your application for membership is standing in my i box now... :?:

peter wrote:And I'm not allowed to join because I let them squabble on here ... :cry:

Your choice whether you join or not Peter..? I'll leave that decision to you..
mrob343

Postby peter » Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 am

Rob, you are being disingenuous.

I was removed from Sunny66 by you even though I hadn't posted, and I haven't been invited to join the new venture.

I received no indication why this was.

I find it ironic that you are free to extend your squabbles here with those you have banned from your group.
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alex hampshire » Wed May 01, 2013 9:53 am

Some people think irony is all about getting creases out of clothes.
Alex

If you think that your life is boring, take a look at mine.
http://anorthyorkshirejournal.blogspot.co.uk
alex hampshire

Postby hesfordj » Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 am

I think there is probably more to it that just that, Lisa, but I too don't really understand why you have chosen to give your side of the story here and not on AD, which was after all, publicly linked to the old sunny66 FB group.

Anyway. Let's see how it pans out. One thing I like about FB is that it is a network, not just a group of people with pseudonyms.
Jonathan
www.domainetreloar.com
Vineyard, Winery and Accomodation
hesfordj

Postby lisab » Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 am

I repeat again, I have put it on ad, it is under the post where somebody asked where sunny66 had gone. Have just looked and it is still there. it is a shorter version but it is there. It was there before this post and absolutely no reply or explanation from rob, on here got a reply from him pretty quick. At least maybe some of the other members will see what I posted and if I offended anyone I have apologised , or maybe you are one of those that had been complaining in private messages to him about me ? When you put up about wine topics ( for which I have absolutely no interest at all) I didn't complain or make stupid remarks, I respected the fact that the subject interested you.
lisab

Postby lisab » Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am

anyway the sun has finally come back so hope everybody enjoys it and that it is here to stay, I have 2 more rounds of chemo to do and hopefully that will be finished also and I can look forward to enjoying the summer with friends and family. Life is too short to waste it on being bitter, was annoyed yesterday but finished now.
Have a nice day everyone
lisab

Postby hesfordj » Wed May 01, 2013 12:17 pm

In my defence, I did not email Rob about your animal-refuge posts.
Jonathan
www.domainetreloar.com
Vineyard, Winery and Accomodation
hesfordj

Postby Las-Cobas » Wed May 01, 2013 1:10 pm

It was Rover Mlud ! :-D

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Genghis Cohen » Wed May 01, 2013 3:19 pm

I see that my application to join the new FB group is sitting in the in-tray. Which is news to me 'cos I dumped my Facebook ID some weeks back. Get yer facts right that man!

You can't please all the people all the time. When I open this forum I do a quick scan. If I see something that interests me I read it. If it grabs me enough I comment. What I do find offputting is when a group or forum is dominated by a few individuals and, even worse,covers a narrow range of topics. Speaking personally I find animal re-homing, football and the weather boring in the extreme. I gather that the now defunct group devoted a lot of space to these topics. For myself I would just walk away. But there are those who feel obliged to voice their honestly held opinions. Insulting them may not be the best way to gain friends and supporters.

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

PreviousNext

Return to The postbox