XXXX is at it again ?

Free discussion area

Re: XXXX is at it again ?

Postby serge » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Its a bit like 'Lost' Baz, you are already in ............

... or maybe you're not. :wink:
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Las-Cobas » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 pm

gurubarry wrote:When I joined this school it didn't have a corner ......didn't need one .....let's make THIS one redundant ? :D

"When I joined this school it didn't have a corner " Baz the courts decided you needed to be saved, they sent you to this school for life, no reprieve ! It has a circle, health and safety insists there are no nasty corners
:bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :smurf: :smurfin: :confused2:

Enjoy
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby gurubarry » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 am

Luckily, I discovered the where the "OFF" switch is located . :wink:
Moved here 11 Years ago , love it , love Life here.
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Genghis Cohen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:07 am

gurubarry wrote:Luckily, I discovered the where the "OFF" switch is located .

I hate to upset your day but, in life, you only ever get to use the "Off" switch once. Normally it is not your decision.

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

Postby serge » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 am

Genghis Cohen wrote:

I hate to upset your day but, in life, you only ever get to use the "Off" switch once. Normally it is not your decision.

Genghis Cohen

A very profound statement GC.

Is it something you contemplated after your recent mauling by Mrob?
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Las-Cobas » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:37 am

serge wrote:
Genghis Cohen wrote:

Genghis Cohen

A very profound statement GC.

Is it something you contemplated after your recent mauling by Mrob?

:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Genghis Cohen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm writing this having been prompted to do so by recent comments.

My initial reactions to the rant by mrob343 was that it was beyond contempt. It breaks one of the unwritten rules of forum etiquette.

Can mrob343 advance irrefutable proof that I am this mysterious “Paul” on Facebook? Or is it all just supposition? Should his so called proof turn out to be wrong he risks upsetting an innocent third party. So is he up for the challenge? If not, will he do the honourable thing and withdraw his remarks and offer an unconditional apology?

Suggesting I should celebrate Xmas by becoming paralytic in the company of LC is ridiculous. Two reasons. First, I shall be with my family in the US. Second, I hardly touch alcohol as it tends to provoke attacks of gout. Before making personal comments best check out the facts?

Unable to take the heat? Don't think so. Just not easily provoked. Slagging you off behind closed doors? Well at least I don't support a closed group on FB .

Lastly you seem to pratice double standards. It seems you have banned Peter from your FB group but are quite happy to use his forum as a platform.

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

Postby mrob343 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Genghis Cohen wrote:I'm writing this having been prompted to do so by recent comments.

My initial reactions to the rant by mrob343 was that it was beyond contempt. It breaks one of the unwritten rules of forum etiquette.

Can mrob343 advance irrefutable proof that I am this mysterious “Paul” on Facebook? Or is it all just supposition? Should his so called proof turn out to be wrong he risks upsetting an innocent third party. So is he up for the challenge? If not, will he do the honourable thing and withdraw his remarks and offer an unconditional apology?

Suggesting I should celebrate Xmas by becoming paralytic in the company of LC is ridiculous. Two reasons. First, I shall be with my family in the US. Second, I hardly touch alcohol as it tends to provoke attacks of gout. Before making personal comments best check out the facts?

Unable to take the heat? Don't think so. Just not easily provoked. Slagging you off behind closed doors? Well at least I don't support a closed group on FB .

Lastly you seem to pratice double standards. It seems you have banned Peter from your FB group but are quite happy to use his forum as a platform.

Genghis Cohen

Oh Dear Genghis/Paul we're not a happy bunny are we ?
OK then,lets go for it shall we? Or shall i be respectful to you,this thread and this forum...?
Decided seeing as we're approaching the season of good will I'll be respectful, only as other members of the public and decent members/people are viewing this. You really should count your lucky stars I've had a good day...

Quote:
My initial reactions to the rant by mrob343 was that it was beyond contempt. It breaks one of the unwritten rules of forum etiquette

How many rules of forum etiquette have you broken of the the years? I beg to differ... :roll:

Quote:

Yes I can and it's all correct,so yeah i have no probs with the challenge,wiling to put links here if you want but out of the the minimal respect i have for you i will refrain from doing so at least for now,unless you really do want to be shown for the person you truly are....As for an apology.. I think you know what my reply is?

Quote:

I hope you enjoy your trip to the states and have a nice holiday with your family Paul.My advise is just keep off forums whilst your there and "consommer avec modération"...to use a French phrase. :lol:

Quote:

This is pretty classic of you Paul.I really did credit you with more intelligence,i will refrain from saying any more on this quote in an open public forum,but as above I'm ready for the challenge should you wish for me to proceed? Don't for one minute inform me of double standards, its very hypocritical on your part...

Quote:

See reply above :roll: :P

Sorry its come to this Peter but you will let certain individuals run riot here with very little respect for others,i really do feel sorry for your genuine members who have to suffer this,why don't we call it a day on this thread now and lock it down?

Merry Christmas
Rob :wink:
mrob343

Postby gurubarry » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Hmmmmm...."Now go back to your desk (Baz) all you muppets, and write 200 times. I must not look at the xxxx thread ! "

You don't work for the Palestinian Samaritans do you Guys :bounce: ?

No school milk for you lot tomorrow.......and double etiquette lessons for the weekend .

Prof. Jimmy Edwards must be rubbing his hands with joy in Hades ...What OH! His students are gaining double tops in
Dip. Plebbing .
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Las-Cobas » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:37 pm

mrob343 wrote:Merry Christmas

?????????????????????????

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby mrob343 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Las-Cobas wrote:
mrob343 wrote:Merry Christmas

?????????????????????????

I mean it Cobas ,peace and goodwill to all men and all that cheerful stuff :D
I say you head to Collioure on the 31st mate.Lots of fireworks ! :wink:
Well at least gurubarry has a sense of humour :roll:
mrob343

Postby Genghis Cohen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Cher Gurubarry

I think I can safely say that this thread strikes you as puerile. I would not disagree at all. But what else can we do?

If, like me, you first came to France in the pre-internet era, you will appreciate how internet based social media offered a real answer to one of the challenges of living here. That of finding like minded souls faced with similar problems and able to offer advice and encouragement. Back in the 80s and 90s it could be a slow process. Especially if you lived in an area with very few people in the same boat or just never seemed to make the right contacts.

TLF, steered with a deft touch by Peter, meets that need admirably. But others chose a different path. I have lived for many years in the PO. A real one of a kind sort of place. So when I found it had an English speaking forum I took the plunge. And soon ran into trouble when it became obvious that what it said on the label did not correspond with what was in the box. I had the temerity to voice my concerns. As did many others. We were promptly declared persona non grata.

So when an apparently competing group was launched on Facebook I took an interest. My initial thought was that it was created to counterbalance the existing forum and remedy some of its deficiencies. Sadly that was not the case at all. Same formula, same mind-set.

Peter, who believes all views should be allowed (if not illegal) even when they conflict with his own ideas, has given us a platform to voice our dissent. I know it is boring but it's all we've got. We're not really a bunch of five year olds scrapping in the playground. Just a small coterie of protesters unhappy with social media sites which, in our opinion, paint the ex-pat community in a very unflattering light.

Amities

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

Postby gurubarry » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Well , I don't agree with you , but I will defend your right to be boring .
Writing insults and personal defamation in a malicious manner , in the public domain , used to be considered libel .
I once made a very inappropriate remark online, and spent a week apologising to the person concerned , privately and in public . I learned a lesson .
The internet has no rules, the users are the moderators, and the interreaction lives or dies because of the behaviour of said users.
I repeat over and over to various "Protestors/Human Rights" contributors on forums , that they have an "OFF" switch .
You do not open your front door to every stranger who knocks, nor do you give your address to anyone who askes ,nor, do you verbally abuse a stranger who does not agree with your points of view or raison d'etre ; so why think it is correct to act in thes unaccetable manner online ?

I can enjoy TLF and not read or respond to any post that offends or does not interest me. I too enjoy verbal fencing and quips and punning and since using of the net since 1982 have tried to keep my self esteem and interest at the same time , I never deliberatly "Flame" and if called upon apologise for any offence I cause ....bloody tough being St. Baz de Montpellier I tell U ! :bigsmurf:

BTW, the irritation seems to be subsiding ...is Santa coming this year ? :drunken:
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby gurubarry » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Must learn to spell chek too !! :D
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby serge » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:28 am

Sadly, I fear a Mayfly will have a longer lifespan than Satbloke will have on AD ..............
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby serge » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 pm

serge wrote:Sadly, I fear a Mayfly will have a longer lifespan than Satbloke will have on AD ..............

Looks like they have realised that he could be genuine and have removed some of their comments ......... :lol:
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Albert » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Oh let's have some celebrity die and change the subject.
Albert

Postby serge » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Anyone in mind Albert?
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Albert » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 am

No, I can't think of anyone in particular I would wish dead, to be fair.
Albert

Postby gurubarry » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 am

Albert is next up for a Sainthood then ?

My List runs long ... :blackeye:
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Las-Cobas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 am

gurubarry wrote:
My List runs long ... :blackeye:

:D :) :D

Gremlin.
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby serge » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:28 pm

The AD have Trolls -allegedly.

I would have thought that's the least of their problems ....
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby gurubarry » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Nothing worse than a dose of Trolls .....except ???? MDR :D
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby serge » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm

:lol:
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru

Postby Genghis Cohen » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Can you have trolls in the Exchange and Mart?

Genghis Cohen
Genghis Cohen

PreviousNext

Return to The postbox