XXXX is at it again ?

Free discussion area

XXXX is at it again ?

Postby ianhartley » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:21 pm


XXXX : Sanctimonious,self -righteous prigs ...
XXXX : ... patronising tosh of that sort ,jon.
XXXX : Once again, Noel totally misses the point
XXXX : ... people of the Goebbels type
XXXX : You are still only grasping half the point though.
XXXX : Hope that you salvage some of your grapes,by the way......
XXXX : ... other people who are not in full posession of the facts ...
XXXX : ... there's no "bullying", or any other silly suggestion ...
XXXX : The fact is that we've never had more active members,never had more postings/visits,and never had such a wide range of subject matter.
YYYY : I did not expect to see the nastiness of the languedoc page creep over here
YYYY : and sometimes more is excessive and makes you sick!!
YYYY : Dont be daft, only a caring, polite person with bags of humility would do that.
ZZZZ : ... I am sure the forum doesnt want to lose more of the genuine, friendly, helpful people.
User avatar
ianhartley
*******
*******
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Postby peter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 pm

We've had all the problems with him posing as XXXXXX (or similar) over here.

There is much he says that many disagree with - but that is how forums work ?

Trying to avoid another local crisis, I don't think we should attack threads on other forums from the apparent safety of somewhere else.

But he does give me a hard time !

Peter
Last edited by peter on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Languedoc, France

Postby alex hampshire » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 pm

He's an obnoxious prick. Is that allowed?
Alex



If you think that your life is boring, take a look at mine.
http://anorthyorkshirejournal.blogspot.co.uk
User avatar
alex hampshire
*******
*******
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: God's own country

Postby Las-Cobas » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 pm

And he supports Norwich ! Whatever that may be.
:D :D :D :D :D
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby Genghis Cohen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh dear. Here we go again!

Ignoring my own advice I would offer the following observation. When the tone was challenged early on by a relative outsider the offending party was shewn a yellow card by the ref.

Draw your own conclusions.

Genghis Cohen
User avatar
Genghis Cohen
*****
*****
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Postby Dark Island » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 pm

Whilst I had to smile at one reply , I agree with GC . That said , I think that one should understand that as we all get older we get fixed on topics , that through the medium of these fourm's we are able to coment on. XXXX is no exception. His fixation with 'Ryanair' will continue until he reaches the grave & when in the afterlife he meets Mr O'Leary he will be able to rant to him as much as he wants.
In the mean time, I think, we should be a little kinder to the members of fourm's who are advancing in years & clearly are looking for gentle support in this life before they take the last journey through the cosmic gate to meet our maker

Regards from DI
Cosmic Soul Searcher
Dark Island
****
****
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Postby serge » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Dark Island wrote: I think, we should be a little kinder to the members of fourm's who are advancing in years & clearly are looking for gentle support in this life before they take the last journey through the cosmic gate to meet our maker

Regards from DI
Cosmic Soul Searcher


I should imagine that post has worked wonders for the Samaritans DI :roll:


BTW, did they ever get round to ringing you back ................. :lol:
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
User avatar
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Still stationary on the Autoroute ..........

Postby peter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:32 pm

I've removed the identity referred to in this posting.

I'm once again torn between my belief that forums should be self regulating and trying to please various people.

I'm currently rather pre-occupied with something else, but will take this further shortly.

Peter
Image
User avatar
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Languedoc, France

Postby Las-Cobas » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Genghis Cohen wrote:Ignoring my own advice I would offer the following observation. When the tone was challenged early on by a relative outsider the offending party was shown a yellow card by the ref.
Genghis Cohen



Was it Canary Yellow ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby Dark Island » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 pm

In reply to Serge, I do not need the call back from the samaritans. I am on a much higher plane. before you say anything it is not Ryanair .
As age has taken it's course I find that now we should be more gentle & loving towards one and other when someone has a little rant.
I have not been taking any drugs before anyone asks, I am just high on life & I find it a wonderful feeling.
regards DI
Cosmic soul searcher
Dark Island
****
****
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Postby Las-Cobas » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:05 pm

:blob: :blob: :blob2: :blob2: :blob3: :blob3: :blob4: :blob4: :blob5: :blob5: :blob6: :blob6:

Some people seem to like mushrooms !! DI

They will ring :roll: :roll:
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby serge » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 pm

DI's mood is very reminiscent of the Blues Brothers when Jake finds religion don't you think?



... LC, looks like you have found what O'Pas is looking for on t'other channel ............ but there's no smiley's on there ... :wink:
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
User avatar
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Still stationary on the Autoroute ..........

Postby opas » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 am

SMILEY
opas
 

Postby Las-Cobas » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:31 am

serge wrote:... LC, looks like you have found what O'Pas is looking for on t'other channel ............ but there's no smiley's on there ... :wink:


Serge,
But this is a professionally run site, smiley's are supplied by the Chief. The other need I bother to say anything.

DI, They will phone !! :D :D
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby Genghis Cohen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

I fully accept what DI is saying. Unfortunately what we are talking about here is that not unusual beast, the forum freak.

This condition is not specifically age related. It is, undoubtedly, a form of addiction. There are a number of clearly identifiable behavioural features. Sufferers will exhibit some, maybe almost all, of them.

Addiction. The sufferer devotes an inordinate amount of effort to the forum. Generates multiple posts on a daily basis. Often tracks in real time all posts so as to be able to respond immediately. Under intense pressure will announce the intention to resign. The threat hardly ever carried out.

Possession. The forum appears to the sufferer to be a direct extension of his or her persona. Very low tolerance levels to anything seen as criticism.

Obsession. A strong conviction that the sufferer presents the only valid view on any subject upon which they expound. Criticism is seen as a direct attack.

Exclusion. Very low tolerance of subject matter of which he/she knows nothing or does not approve. May well try to block discussion using a variety of tactics.

Expertise. The belief in the ability to make a valuable contribution on almost any subject.

Limited reference points. A small core of themes to which the sufferer constantly refers. Also known as the Gramophone Record syndrome.

DI advocates compassion. Who would challenge this? But, with the incessant poster, we have all the ingredients of a moral dilemma. We may have to balance the collective need against the circumstances of the individual.


Forum Freaks can appear very useful when a forum is launched. They produce abundant activity which draws in other contributors. Long term they can have the opposite effect. They inhibit participation and may even bring into being a clique which actively deters “Outsiders”. This forum is run on democratic lines which, I believe, is the best defence. I strongly urge Peter to keep things the way they are.

Genghis Cohen
User avatar
Genghis Cohen
*****
*****
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Postby alex hampshire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 am

Genghis Cohen wrote:I fully accept what DI is saying. Unfortunately what we are talking about here is that not unusual beast, the forum freak.

This condition is not specifically age related. It is, undoubtedly, a form of addiction. There are a number of clearly identifiable behavioural features. Sufferers will exhibit some, maybe almost all, of them.

Addiction. The sufferer devotes an inordinate amount of effort to the forum. Generates multiple posts on a daily basis. Often tracks in real time all posts so as to be able to respond immediately. Under intense pressure will announce the intention to resign. The threat hardly ever carried out.

Possession. The forum appears to the sufferer to be a direct extension of his or her persona. Very low tolerance levels to anything seen as criticism.

Obsession. A strong conviction that the sufferer presents the only valid view on any subject upon which they expound. Criticism is seen as a direct attack.

Exclusion. Very low tolerance of subject matter of which he/she knows nothing or does not approve. May well try to block discussion using a variety of tactics.

Expertise. The belief in the ability to make a valuable contribution on almost any subject.

Limited reference points. A small core of themes to which the sufferer constantly refers. Also known as the Gramophone Record syndrome.

DI advocates compassion. Who would challenge this? But, with the incessant poster, we have all the ingredients of a moral dilemma. We may have to balance the collective need against the circumstances of the individual.


Forum Freaks can appear very useful when a forum is launched. They produce abundant activity which draws in other contributors. Long term they can have the opposite effect. They inhibit participation and may even bring into being a clique which actively deters “Outsiders”. This forum is run on democratic lines which, I believe, is the best defence. I strongly urge Peter to keep things the way they are.

Genghis Cohen


Beautifully worded and I couldn't agree more.
Alex



If you think that your life is boring, take a look at mine.
http://anorthyorkshirejournal.blogspot.co.uk
User avatar
alex hampshire
*******
*******
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: God's own country

Postby serge » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:19 am

No one ever says that about any of my posts .............. :roll:
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare
User avatar
serge
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Still stationary on the Autoroute ..........

Postby alex hampshire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm

serge wrote:No one ever says that about any of my posts .............. :roll:


They will one day, they will.
Alex



If you think that your life is boring, take a look at mine.
http://anorthyorkshirejournal.blogspot.co.uk
User avatar
alex hampshire
*******
*******
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: God's own country

Postby gurubarry » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Is this one of those "Cliques" ?

I am amazed at the verbiage and nonsense ; so it must be.

Par Contre ....tres importante ...Spurs lost 5-0 on aggregate last night .

Cliquey or WHAT ! :D :wink:
Moved here 11 Years ago , love it , love Life here.
User avatar
gurubarry
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Montpellier

Postby Las-Cobas » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 pm

serge wrote:No one ever says that about any of my posts .............. :roll:


They will ! In the future you will both be recognised ! :roll:

The phone calls are coming, you and DI are on an urgent list.
You both will be helped, and contacted ! :D

The time is right for both of you, ! The metamorphosis will unite both your minds, Just relax, the conversion will commence, you will be as one.

Kathy is in another world and will rescue you !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby peter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:37 am

Las-Cobas wrote:The time is right for both of you, ! The metamorphosis will unite both your minds, Just relax, the conversion will commence, you will be as one.



I do believe someone has been reading Watchtower.

Image

Peter
Image
User avatar
peter
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Languedoc, France

Postby Las-Cobas » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:02 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby Albert » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:16 am

gurubarry wrote:Is this one of those "Cliques" ?




Probably fits the definition. Surprisingly small number of posters, drawn from the same small group.
User avatar
Albert
****
****
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Le Gard

Postby Las-Cobas » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 am

Albert wrote:
gurubarry wrote:Is this one of those "Cliques" ?

Probably fits the definition. Surprisingly small number of posters, drawn from the same small group.


Must all attend the same Temple!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
“Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”

Gremlin.
User avatar
Las-Cobas
Super Guru
Super Guru
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Perpignan

Postby Genghis Cohen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:50 am

Come on GB and Albert. A clique this ain't. Hallelujah brothers, all are welcome. You too can be saved.

Admittedly the topic is mostly of interest to the Southern Brethren. But note ye well that even The Gaffer is among us.

Peace and happiness to you all

Genghis Cohen
User avatar
Genghis Cohen
*****
*****
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Next

Return to The postbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron